Schedule Your FREE Discovery Call Today
Time for a Change.
Coaching is a journey that exists through both conversation and action.
It usually beings at the point and time in your life that you see or experience something that:
- Isn’t working
- Is working, but could be better
- Has worked up until now to get you where you are now, but won’t get you where you want to go
- Is working for someone else, in their life... and you’ve experienced it such that you are touched, moved, or inspired, and compelled to take action toward having something similar in your life.
While change IS possible on your own, I invite you to consider a few things:
- Your view of your life, and hence your ability to change it, is based on your experience of the world. This has been formulated over all the years and decades of your life, and shaped by the choices you’ve made. If you could have done it any better up until now, you would have, right?
- All of the actions you’ve taken up until now have created a certain momentum in your life. You’re on a certain trajectory. And there is a very good chance that you’ll continue on that trajectory, unless you make a strong, conscious effort, serious commitment and investment in changing it.
- You can’t observe yourself living your life while you’re living it. While you might be able to tell something is off or not right, you can’t live it while also being the impartial observer, or know what’s needed to change it. It’s why professional athletes work with coaches, and why clients hire me.
- There is a massive difference between being interested and being committed. While you might see things around you that aren’t working so well, change won’t happen with a casual interest or awareness. That’s why New Year’s resolutions fail before the end of January each year.
- There are things that you’ve probably tried to change repeatedly in your life. You think to yourself each time that you should be able to change them. You’ve even committed to doing it… and yet, decades, disappointments, and dollars later, you’re still stuck with the same problem.
Do any of these resonate with you? If so, you may want to consider coaching.
Click the red button to the left that says “Get After It” to take the next step toward scheduling a meeting.
Andy Petranek is a professional life coach, specializing in relationships, career, and personal leadership. He's been helping people create greater levels of confidence, joy, fulfillment, and success in their lives for over 25 years.
- He hired his first life coach 26 years ago, in 1995, before life coaching was even "a thing". Since then he has been a student of self-discovery and exploration, working with coaches, coaching programs, and attending seminars, in a quest to understand life more deeply, heal himself more fully, and love himself and others more abundantly.
- In 2013, he graduated from the University of Santa Monica with a master's degree in spiritual psychology and continues to this day to journey deeper into the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual realms of consciousness and self-awareness.
- He co-founded the Whole Life Challenge, a global, online health and wellness game that has had over 200,000 people participate over its 9-year history.
- In 2004, he founded one of the first and most successful CrossFit affiliate gyms in the world, CrossFit Los Angeles
- Using the business systems and strategies he developed at CrossFit LA, he launched a gym-system consulting business and taught hundreds of other CrossFit Affiliate gym owners how to succeed.
- A Red Bull sponsored athlete in the sport of adventure racing, he captained teams and navigated courses all over the world in races like the Eco-Challenge and Raid Gauloises; in 2009 he became the oldest competitor to qualify for and compete in the CrossFit Games.
- A veteran of multiple overseas deployments including Operation Desert Storm, Andy is a former United States Marine who served for four years as a combat engineer and small unit commander.
For years, Andy’s been a trendsetter and influencer in the transformational coaching and health and fitness world. His infectious laugh, ability to bring joy to even the most difficult situations, his willingness to have hard conversations, and his capacity to help others find the courage to tackle their fears have made him a community magnet for the thousands of people who have been influenced directly through his coaching.
See what clients
Before I tell you more about coaching with me, let me tell you what it isn't. It's not a pre-designed course, nor is it a program that I teach you. There is no set curriculum, process to undertake, or steps to follow. There is no pre-defined reading list, nor is there a set of assignments to follow or complete.
Your curriculum is your life. You bring that with you to every session we have together. Whatever area we're working on - relationships, family, career, job, health, mental/emotional state - my program is based on helping you unlock those areas in which you feel trapped, stuck, or anything less than free. You are an integral part of that process, you, as the leader of your own life.
We meet together for calls every other week for a couple of hours, and between these sessions you will be “doing the work”... living your life, increasing your awareness, implementing habits, doing applicable “homework” that will help you progress forward.
Our time together starts with a minimum commitment of 6 months, but most of my clients work with me far longer. Why so long? This work isn’t easy and it takes time to see the things you need to see, do the things you need to do, to have what you really want. There are no shortcuts.
And why hire me? Why do all this work when it takes time, effort, and investment?
Because coaching with me offers you the possibility of FREEDOM.
- Freedom from the limitations and beliefs that have you stuck where you are today.
- Freedom from the self-imposed prison created by measuring, competing, and judging self & others.
- Freedom from the fear, anxiety, worry, doubt, and frustration that comes from living in the future and past, rather than the present.
- Freedom to live in possibility, to experience knowing that you are enough exactly as you are.
- Freedom to have the life you’ve always wanted, always dreamed of, and to be the person you’ve always known that you could be!
If any of this resonates, click the red “Let’s Go” button below, and take the next step toward scheduling a meeting with me.
ON THE PATH.
ANDY PETRANEK’S MONTHLY NEWSLETTER, WRITTEN WITH JOY, FOR THE CURIOUS, ADVENTUROUS, AND MODERN-DAY ACTION-TAKERS OF THE WORLD.
Like it or not, we’re all on a journey through life that is anything but linear. Often, its boundaries are defined by the accidents, mistakes, missteps, and wrong turns we make along the way. Though it’s not a journey we can opt out from, the choice we all get to make is,”How?”
For me, that answer has always been to experiment around the boundaries for each of the five realms (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and financial) - to play with, explore, test, question, and disrupt the status quo. To always be growing.
Trusting yourself with your ability to solve problems, make decisions, create solutions, and find your own way is an important leadership skill. Just as important is your willingness to ask for help, sharing vulnerably when you’re stuck, needing direction and wanting to lean on other for support. The question becomes then, when do you lean into your personal leadership and trust yourself, and when do you ask for help? 👉👉 Got a situation where you’re struggling with the same thing? Share in comments, or send me a DM. . . . . #askforhelp #trustyourself #anxietysufferer #mentalhelp #itsallinthemind #anxietyhealing #breakingcycles #powerofyou…Read More
I’ve spoken to a lot of people who struggle with gratitude – how to feel it, how to express it, what to be grateful for, how to find it in just the ordinary. One of the things I’ve heard from people who have lost children or parents to death at an early age is that it’s not the big, grandiose things that they miss… it’s the little, ordinary nothings, the things that occur when you’re not really paying full attention, things that they do that seem totally insignificant. Today I got a glimpse of feeling “ordinary” gratitude… for a nothingness…Read More
On being Anti-needy – part 2 It’s one thing to be anti-needy (or free from the trap of codependency), it’s quite another to allow your desire to “be okay with anything” to have you not establish healthy physical, mental and emotional boundaries for yourself. Be anti-needy, but do it with healthy boundaries. . . . . #developyourinnerjedi #emotionalintelligencecoach #leadershipmindset #lifecoachtraining #changeyourperception #highperformancecoach #consciousmind #mentalhealthfirstaid #selfdevelopement #selfimprove #emotionalawareness #mentalcoaching #settingboundaries #leadershipmatters #couragetochange #achievegreatness #forwardthinking #createyourownreality #overcomeobstacles #selfactualization #youhavethepower #itstartswithyou #embraceit #personalgrowthjourney #embracechange #empoweryourself #dontbeafraid #ownyourlife #focusonyourself #selfgrowthRead More
Are you needy? Do you need someone to behave a certain way to ensure you are okay? Do you have expectations of a conversation going a certain way… and when it doesn’t, you find yourself upset about it? The true master doesn’t wait for someone else to change so that he/she can be okay. No, the Jedi develops his/her anti-neediness… so that no matter how someone else acts in his/her presence, he/she is okay with it. And if they do get triggered by something someone else says or does, instead of getting upset, that Jedi master looks at it as…Read More
This is a big one for me… letting go of the judgment and seeing the loving essence. Judgment has created such big ruts in my memory – emotional, mental, and spiritual ruts. And the ruts are deepest when it comes to those who I’m closest to – parents, aunt, sister, wife. The rut of judgment is like a well-worn pair of jeans… comfy, easy, known, and easy to just put on out of habit. But when faced with the question, “What would love do?”, it creates energetic dissonance. I KNOW that staying in the rut of judgment won’t get me…Read More
Where are you going? Why are you in such a hurry? What’s the rush? These are questions I started asking myself. I’m now over 50 and I’m seeing things a lot differently than I have in the past. The hurry-up, high-achiever mindset has served me well up until now, but it comes with costs. This mindset uses me… seduces me into thinking that in order to win in life, I must keep accumulating more: awards and accolades, money, respect from others, praise, friendships, likes, views, clients, knowledge, degrees, agreement from others, “rightness”. It has me think that the answers I…Read More
What if you’re only halfway there? How do you know if you’re only halfway there? When is it time to turn around? How much fuel, energy, and endurance will you need for the return trip? Have you left enough energy in the tank to keep going? What if the last 5 years of your life have been in preparation for the success that’s to come in the next 5? Have you set yourself up with the nourishment, supplies, and stamina you’ll need for what’s to come? When you’re out on the trail on a very hot, long, and difficult mountain…Read More
Replacing inner “againstness” with inner alignment Our world and culture is built around the concept of being right. And when you’re focused on being right, you are focused on being against anything that is not in agreement with your view of life and reality. Sometimes it even means being against life itself. And here’s the thing… that mindset NEVER creates peace or alignment. In fact, quite the opposite. ✋ ✋ Where do you see this mindset pervading your life and causing you inner strife? 🤔 🤔 Where could you use more alignment?Read More
GUARD THE GATE. What gate? The gate to your mind. What goes in becomes your reality. Are you paying attention to what’s going in? What is their tone, subject, and intention? Is that what you want going in there? If it’s not, put a stop to it. YOU HAVE THE POWER. Join me in a news media detox. If you’re suffering in your life in ANY way, you owe it to yourself to give it a try.Read More
Where are you putting your attention? What do you choose to look at and see? Where do you allow your mind to wander? What do you allow it to think about? If you spend time watching mainstream media or reading the news it’s not a stretch to say that by doing so, you’re allowing your mind to wander about, looking at and looking for doubt, despair, insecurity, worry, fear, negativity, judgment. Because that’s what the news uses to get us to pay attention… negative news sells. 🚨 Do yourself a favor… go on a news media detox… WITH ME!Read More
If you’re experiencing any sort of upset, worry, anxiety, fear, helplessness, or a case of the “shoulds”, there is a great chance, like 100%, that you have moved out of both self-trust and life-trust. I get it. It’s incredibly painful to feel this way… to feel stuck or trapped in whatever it is… relationship, job, family, situation with no way out. It feels like it’s never going to end, or get better. But I can tell you from experience that the answer does not lie in changing your circumstances. Nope… the real issue isn’t the situation itself… it’s in the…Read More
Invisible Warfare Whether you know it or not, you are an emotion collector. All the emotions you experience in your life as you go through it collect inside of you… and most of the time, with no release valve. Once you’ve accumulated enough pain, anger, frustration, irritation, or upset, you’re full… you’ve got no additional room to store any more of these negative emotions. So what happens? You become a ticking time bomb… anything can set you off… and you’ll go off on anyone for just about anything. It doesn’t matter if it’s a friend, colleague, someone you love, even…Read More
"On The Path" Podcast Feed
Join host Andy Petranek for short lessons and conversations about life, learning, leadership, and loving.
You are exactly where you’re supposed to be (and so am I).
No matter where you are, there is no question that you are right where you’re supposed to be.
Now… it may not feel that way. It certainly didn’t for me for a very loooooong time.
Things swirled. I was riddled with fear, worry, panic, and anxiety… for almost an entire year.
And even after that year, I’d get regular “visits” from that uninvited guest.
But with regular, daily self-nurturing practices like meditation, journaling, exercise, affirmations, diet, gratitude, I’ve been able to pull myself (with spirit’s help, of course) into a place that is way beyond where I was before my “emotional meltdown” (aka spiritual awakening) occurred.
Another big piece for me was my willingness to lean on others – friends, community, family, even people I didn’t know that well. They helped me like structural scaffolding as I did the work to put things back together.
And as a result, now I’m able to say with full conviction, that I am, and have always been, right where I am supposed to be. And as hard as it might be to see, you are too.If you’re struggling, as I was, I suggest adopting a regular self-nurturing practice as well. As well as leaning on your friends and community. Perhaps even working with a therapist or a coach. Moving down this path is hard to do on your own, even perhaps impossible.
And don’t stop believing. If I can do it… I know you can too!