Schedule Your FREE Discovery Call Today
Time for a Change.
Coaching is a journey that exists through both conversation and action.
It usually beings at the point and time in your life that you see or experience something that:
- Isn’t working
- Is working, but could be better
- Has worked up until now to get you where you are now, but won’t get you where you want to go
- Is working for someone else, in their life... and you’ve experienced it such that you are touched, moved, or inspired, and compelled to take action toward having something similar in your life.
While change IS possible on your own, I invite you to consider a few things:
- Your view of your life, and hence your ability to change it, is based on your experience of the world. This has been formulated over all the years and decades of your life, and shaped by the choices you’ve made. If you could have done it any better up until now, you would have, right?
- All of the actions you’ve taken up until now have created a certain momentum in your life. You’re on a certain trajectory. And there is a very good chance that you’ll continue on that trajectory, unless you make a strong, conscious effort, serious commitment and investment in changing it.
- You can’t observe yourself living your life while you’re living it. While you might be able to tell something is off or not right, you can’t live it while also being the impartial observer, or know what’s needed to change it. It’s why professional athletes work with coaches, and why clients hire me.
- There is a massive difference between being interested and being committed. While you might see things around you that aren’t working so well, change won’t happen with a casual interest or awareness. That’s why New Year’s resolutions fail before the end of January each year.
- There are things that you’ve probably tried to change repeatedly in your life. You think to yourself each time that you should be able to change them. You’ve even committed to doing it… and yet, decades, disappointments, and dollars later, you’re still stuck with the same problem.
Do any of these resonate with you? If so, you may want to consider coaching.
Click the red button to the left that says “Get After It” to take the next step toward scheduling a meeting.
Andy Petranek is a professional life coach, specializing in relationships, career, and personal leadership. He's been helping people create greater levels of confidence, joy, fulfillment, and success in their lives for over 25 years.
- He hired his first life coach 26 years ago, in 1995, before life coaching was even "a thing". Since then he has been a student of self-discovery and exploration, working with coaches, coaching programs, and attending seminars, in a quest to understand life more deeply, heal himself more fully, and love himself and others more abundantly.
- In 2013, he graduated from the University of Santa Monica with a master's degree in spiritual psychology and continues to this day to journey deeper into the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual realms of consciousness and self-awareness.
- He co-founded the Whole Life Challenge, a global, online health and wellness game that has had over 200,000 people participate over its 9-year history.
- In 2004, he founded one of the first and most successful CrossFit affiliate gyms in the world, CrossFit Los Angeles
- Using the business systems and strategies he developed at CrossFit LA, he launched a gym-system consulting business and taught hundreds of other CrossFit Affiliate gym owners how to succeed.
- A Red Bull sponsored athlete in the sport of adventure racing, he captained teams and navigated courses all over the world in races like the Eco-Challenge and Raid Gauloises; in 2009 he became the oldest competitor to qualify for and compete in the CrossFit Games.
- A veteran of multiple overseas deployments including Operation Desert Storm, Andy is a former United States Marine who served for four years as a combat engineer and small unit commander.
For years, Andy’s been a trendsetter and influencer in the transformational coaching and health and fitness world. His infectious laugh, ability to bring joy to even the most difficult situations, his willingness to have hard conversations, and his capacity to help others find the courage to tackle their fears have made him a community magnet for the thousands of people who have been influenced directly through his coaching.
See what clients
Before I tell you more about coaching with me, let me tell you what it isn't. It's not a pre-designed course, nor is it a program that I teach you. There is no set curriculum, process to undertake, or steps to follow. There is no pre-defined reading list, nor is there a set of assignments to follow or complete.
Your curriculum is your life. You bring that with you to every session we have together. Whatever area we're working on - relationships, family, career, job, health, mental/emotional state - my program is based on helping you unlock those areas in which you feel trapped, stuck, or anything less than free. You are an integral part of that process, you, as the leader of your own life.
We meet together for calls every other week for a couple of hours, and between these sessions you will be “doing the work”... living your life, increasing your awareness, implementing habits, doing applicable “homework” that will help you progress forward.
Our time together starts with a minimum commitment of 6 months, but most of my clients work with me far longer. Why so long? This work isn’t easy and it takes time to see the things you need to see, do the things you need to do, to have what you really want. There are no shortcuts.
And why hire me? Why do all this work when it takes time, effort, and investment?
Because coaching with me offers you the possibility of FREEDOM.
- Freedom from the limitations and beliefs that have you stuck where you are today.
- Freedom from the self-imposed prison created by measuring, competing, and judging self & others.
- Freedom from the fear, anxiety, worry, doubt, and frustration that comes from living in the future and past, rather than the present.
- Freedom to live in possibility, to experience knowing that you are enough exactly as you are.
- Freedom to have the life you’ve always wanted, always dreamed of, and to be the person you’ve always known that you could be!
If any of this resonates, click the red “Let’s Go” button below, and take the next step toward scheduling a meeting with me.
ON THE PATH.
ANDY PETRANEK’S MONTHLY NEWSLETTER, WRITTEN WITH JOY, FOR THE CURIOUS, ADVENTUROUS, AND MODERN-DAY ACTION-TAKERS OF THE WORLD.
Like it or not, we’re all on a journey through life that is anything but linear. Often, its boundaries are defined by the accidents, mistakes, missteps, and wrong turns we make along the way. Though it’s not a journey we can opt out from, the choice we all get to make is,”How?”
For me, that answer has always been to experiment around the boundaries for each of the five realms (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and financial) - to play with, explore, test, question, and disrupt the status quo. To always be growing.
On Finding Inner and Outer Alignment
My friend, Sam Morris @zenwarriortraining, posted a video the other day about prayer. During the video, he talked about how his prayers are focused on alignment. I had never heard this before, but it immediately resonated with me, and I’ve been thinking about it non-stop for the past week. Alignment. So that how I think, feel, and want to act on the inside matches what I do on the outside. That’s it. That’s the motherlode. Because when I’m aligned, the resulting impact on me, my life, the people around me, and how I feel is ‘perfect’… the outcome or result…Read More
What you can measure, you can manage
What are you willing to measure today? What area of your life would you like to make progress in? Pick something in that area… and measure it. TODAY. I know it takes courage and boldness. But just do it… find out where you are… today. Thank me later! ✨🌟Let us know in comments what YOU are going to measure.Read More
What’s your one thing?
Will you give yourself permission to experiment… and perhaps get it wrong? Will you give yourself the chance to get outside your comfort zone? What area of self-care do you WANT to… are you WILLING to experiment on/with? Might just be ONE thing… and THAT is okay! 🐢 🐇 What’s YOUR one thing? Post in comments…Read More
You are exactly where you are supposed to be and so am I
You are exactly where you’re supposed to be (and so am I). No matter where you are, there is no question that you are right where you’re supposed to be. Now… it may not feel that way. It certainly didn’t for me for a very loooooong time. Things swirled. I was riddled with fear, worry, panic, and anxiety… for almost an entire year. And even after that year, I’d get regular “visits” from that uninvited guest. But with regular, daily self-nurturing practices like meditation, journaling, exercise, affirmations, diet, gratitude, I’ve been able to pull myself (with spirit’s help, of course)…Read More
It’s not what you do, it’s how you do it that really matters.
Have you ever noticed that when you hear about something that worked for someone else, you want to know how to do it yourself? You want the steps, the directions, the to-do list, the tools. The tools are the what… And while it might look like those are what gave that person the result they got, the deeper and more important cut is in exploring the ‘how’ and ‘why’. You see, people can do exactly the same thing, follow all the rules, take all the steps, and get very different results. Why? Because of what’s underneath… the why. If your…Read More
Slowing down to the speed of thanks and love
Be thankful on Thanksgiving! But when it REALLY counts is when you get triggered. How quickly can you pull yourself back into your beautiful place? Can you slow yourself down to the speed of thanks, of love, of gratitude for all the blessings in your life. Truly. For the sake of your family… For the sake of the world… and For the sake of YOU!Read More
Does work really have to be hard for it to “count”?
Up until now, I’ve operated with the belief that work is the only thing that really counts. By work, I mean work itself, but I also mean the difficulty of what I’m doing in something like reading, working out, a sport (mtb, ski, climb, run, kayak, etc). If it’s not work in the traditional sense – in the office, on the computer, making a phone call, talking to clients, then I’m just wasting my time, fucking off, and it doesn’t and won’t really matter or make a difference. I’m just slacking. And if a sport, workout, book, etc. hasn’t been…Read More
Life Death And getting to choose how you’re going to be alive
Do you let life dictate the rules? Do you let your fear of dying rob you of your aliveness, joy, love? Life is a mystery… you don’t know how it’s going to play out or end… and to think you do is crazy. The mystery of it IS the special sauce! ✨🌟 Has Covid robbed you of your life? If you’re reading this, YOURE NOT DEAD YET. But if you’re living as if you are and want to get your LIFE back… hit me back with a DM so we can schedule some time to talk.Read More
What are you waiting for? Make your life count!
Blink. Blink. Whoops… Did you miss it? Life is going by. And while it might not be as fast as a blink, when you look back on it… and all the opportunities you squandered because you thought you’d have the time. Well, THEN… then you will know that it went by lickety-split. But in the meantime, you need to ask yourself, “Self… what the heck am I waiting for?” Is it fear of looking bad, failing, feeling ashamed, doing it wrong, being humiliated, or perhaps fear of death (that’s the grandaddy of them all)? And if it was any of…Read More
Disconnected? Then connect
Are you someone that says, “I really need to connect more deeply with my family, my kids, my friends.” Or are you someones that knows the above to be true, though you don’t say it? In either case, every Friday afternoon you have a great opportunity to create some space in your weekend to do it. * Pick up the phone and call an old friend. * Shut the TV off during dinner and have a conversation with you family. * Go for a walk with you partner…NO PHONES. * If someone you know is having a birthday, instead of…Read More
You go in the direction of what you focus on so choose what you focus on wisely
Are you a leader? If you said no to that question, I’d call you a liar… why? Because EVERYONE is a leader… at the very least, you are leading yourself. And that’s the problem now that the debate is over. We are spending all sorts of energy in upset, triggered, angry, criticizing, complaining, judging (not that it’s not warranted). We are pulling ourselves and our energy, thoughts, words, and action toward what we really DON’T want more of in our lives. Why do we do this? It’s easier to throw stones than take responsibility, it’s addictive, and it’s even got…Read More
What you appreciate, appreciates.
Do you minimize your wins? Do you swallow them up right after they occur, saying something like, “well, yeah, it might have been a win, but it wasn’t as big as ______, and it could have been better, bigger”?That’s what I do. I’ll have the inner knowing in the moment that whatever it was I did (something teeny-tiny all the way up to something really huge), was AWESOME, MAGICAL, MEANINGFUL, WORTHY, ALIGNED, BREAKTHROUGH. But immediately after, I send that feeling down the trash chute… attributing that which occurred as ordinary, normal, not as good as someone else’s, uneventful, no big…Read More
"On The Path" Podcast Feed
Join host Andy Petranek for short lessons and conversations about life, learning, leadership, and loving.
You are exactly where you’re supposed to be (and so am I).
No matter where you are, there is no question that you are right where you’re supposed to be.
Now… it may not feel that way. It certainly didn’t for me for a very loooooong time.
Things swirled. I was riddled with fear, worry, panic, and anxiety… for almost an entire year.
And even after that year, I’d get regular “visits” from that uninvited guest.
But with regular, daily self-nurturing practices like meditation, journaling, exercise, affirmations, diet, gratitude, I’ve been able to pull myself (with spirit’s help, of course) into a place that is way beyond where I was before my “emotional meltdown” (aka spiritual awakening) occurred.
Another big piece for me was my willingness to lean on others – friends, community, family, even people I didn’t know that well. They helped me like structural scaffolding as I did the work to put things back together.
And as a result, now I’m able to say with full conviction, that I am, and have always been, right where I am supposed to be. And as hard as it might be to see, you are too.If you’re struggling, as I was, I suggest adopting a regular self-nurturing practice as well. As well as leaning on your friends and community. Perhaps even working with a therapist or a coach. Moving down this path is hard to do on your own, even perhaps impossible.
And don’t stop believing. If I can do it… I know you can too!